Save the Date for the 2017 National Forum…and Book your Hotel
CAIA is hosting the 2017 National Forum & Annual General Meeting November 21-22 at the Westin Ottawa. Please save the date and plan to join us for another productive gathering of Canada seafood farmers and aquaculture stakeholders.
Details and registration information will be distributed shortly. Be sure to subscribe to CAIA newsletter distribution list to receive updates here: CAIA Newsletter Sign Up
2017 Demand for Ottawa Hotels
Those interested in participating are reminded that 2017 marks Canada’s sesquicentennial – its 150th birthday. As the Capital, Ottawa will play host to celebratory and meeting events throughout the year and hotel bookings are expected to be higher as a result. We encourage you to make a reservation at your select hotel early to avoid disappointment.
For those wishing to stay at the event hotel, a limited block of rooms has been arranged for attendees with the Westin (traditional room/single occupancy: $239 + taxes/fees). The cut-off date for the rate is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 20, 2017. Call 1-800-WESTIN1 and quote “Canadian Aquaculture Industry Alliance” for reservations.
More in this Issue...
- Federal Commitment to Sustainable Growth & New Aquaculture Act Tops the Agenda at CAIA National Forum in Ottawa
Communications & Outreach
- Save the Date for the 2017 National Forum... and Book your Hotel
- Launch of Redesigned Website
- Recipe Development Project using Canadian Farmed Seafood
- Annual Report Now Online
- For your Information: University of Guelph Survey on the Future of Canadian Aquaculture
Market Access & Development
- Government of Canada takes early action to improve the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Labour shortage holds back Canada's aquaculture industry
Science & Research
- National Aquaculture Research Strategy: Next Steps
- A National Plant and Animal Health Strategy
- New Report: The Evolution of Land Based Atlantic Salmon Farms