CAIA Newsletter ~ Winter 2019
A Letter to the Prime Minister of Canada
Seafood farmers seek inclusion under AAFC mandate
On January 15, 2019, CAIA submitted a letter to the office of The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau, P.C., M.P. formally requesting to have Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada mandate expanded to include seafood farmers.
The letter was endorsed jointly by CAIA together with eight regional aquaculture associations as well as the Canadian Federation of Agriculture. Copied on the letter were ministers and deputy ministers from key federal departments, representatives from relevant standing committees, Office of the Privy Council, as well as provincial fisheries and agriculture ministers and deputy ministers.
Members interested in receiving a copy of the letter may contact email@example.com.
More in this Issue...
Marketing & Communications
- Policy Conference 2018 Recap & Save the Date
- Canada's Seafood Farmers Launch National Youth Initiative
Science & Research
- Aquaculture Labour Market Update and Webinar
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Clean Technology Adoption Program Webinar
- Development of National Code of Practice for the Care and Handling of Farmed Finfish