No need to visit the taco truck! These Atlantic Salmon Tacos couldn’t be easier to make at home and they’re guaranteed to be tastier than your favourite Mexican take-out. A simple roasted Atlantic Salmon filet with a quick and easy seasoning rub, served in taco shells and topped with a delicious salad made with juicy tomatoes and fresh avocados, shredded cheese and chopped cilantro. It’s the perfect easy summer dinner to enjoy on the patio with friends and it makes a delicious and healthy light lunch!
Total Time Required: 25-30 minutes
For the salmon:
- 1 700g Fresh Canadian farmed Atlantic salmon filet
- 2 Tablespoons your favourite low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- For the Avocado Tomato Salad:
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn (canned or thawed from frozen)
- 3/4 cup black beans (canned, rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups chopped grape tomatoes
- 4 large avocados, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Taco shells
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and brushing the parchment with a teaspoon or so of olive oil.
- Combine the taco seasoning and olive oil in a small bowl, mixing until it becomes a paste. Place the salmon filet on the prepared baking sheet and rub the salmon filet with the seasoning/oil mixture until it’s fully coated.
- Bake the salmon at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 22-25 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork in the middle but is still moist and tender.
- For the salad, add the corn and black beans to a large bowl along with the chopped tomatoes, the chunks of avocado, chopped red onion, and minced garlic. Drizzle the lime juice overtop and toss everything together very well. Add the chopped cilantro and toss lightly just to combine.
- Once the salad is prepared, shred the salmon lightly with a fork and serve it in taco shells topped with the salad, some shredded cheese and more cilantro.