CAIA Newsletter ~ Summer 2019
Canadian Federation of Agriculture & Agriculture Ministers’ Meeting Quebec City
CAIA continues to work to deepen our relationship with the national farming community and to ensure farmed seafood is considered among these traditional agriculture stakeholders. In July, CAIA President & CEO, Tim Kennedy attended the annual general meeting of the Canadian Federation of Agriculture (CFA). As part of the event, long-time President of the CFA, Ron Bonnett, celebrated his retirement and many years of service. CAIA sponsored a tribute video and Cyr Couturier provided video comments for the gala event.
After the formal CFA events, farmer members joined ministers and senior officials from across Canada at a reception before their annual Agriculture Ministers’ meeting. Tim was able to connect with many people, including federal Agriculture Minister Bibeau and Deputy Minister Chris Forbes, both of whom are strong supporters of seafood farming.
More in this Issue...
- Election Season Preparations
- Farmers Understand the Vast Potential of Canada's Agri-food Sector, but do Politicians?
Marketing & Communications
- CFA Quebec Meeting & Video Sponsorship
- Member Co-Exhibitors Wanted
- Canada Farmed Seafood Represented at Premier Food Innovation Event
- Latest International Seafood Market Intelligence
Science & Research
- Fish Health meeting with Ottawa Regulators
- NFACC / CAIA – Farmed Fish Welfare Code Update!
- Canadian Agricultural Human Resources Council "Growing the AgriForce" Roundtable