CAIA Newsletter ~ Spring 2019
Meet your Advocacy Advisory Committee
The CAIA Board of Directors has launched a major new initiative in advocacy. Ain inaugural Advocacy Advisory Committee has been named with representatives from across Canada.
Jeremy Dunn Mowi Canada West
Brian Kingzett Coastal Shellfish Corp.
Joel Richardson Cooke Aquaculture
John Rose Icy Waters Arctic Charr
This committee will work directly with the CAIA team to support the development of Advocacy strategy. With demonstrated expertise and leadership in communications and advocacy, the committee will also provide quick feedback to CAIA for issues management, media, and public relations and will provide advice and feedback for other public initiatives (e.g. annual conference, lobby days, etc.).
Members will serve for two years, from January 2019 – January 2021. The first meeting of the committee will convene on April 16, 2019. We look forward to working together with them to advance federal legislation and activities on behalf of Canada’s seafood farmers.
More in this Issue...
Marketing & Communications
- Seafood Expo North America 2019
- Canada Farmed Seafood Represented at Premier Food Innovation Event
- Webinar: Exporting Fish and Seafood Products to CPTPP Countries
- Update on Brexit
Science & Research
- Recent Research Supporting Aquaculture
- Exploring the Connection between Mental Health and Farm Business Management