The Canadian Aquaculture Industry Alliance (CAIA) is a national industry association, headquartered in Ottawa that represents the interests of Canadian aquaculture operators, feed companies and suppliers, as well as provincial finfish and shellfish aquaculture associations.
CAIA works to ensure the international competitiveness of the Canadian Aquaculture industry through:
- Effective representation of industry issues;
- Building a positive image of the Canadian Aquaculture industry;
- Promoting the consumption of Canadian Aquaculture products; and,
- Providing services to meet the needs of our members.
The principal objectives of CAIA are:
- To provide a strong, independent and united voice for Canada ’s aquaculture industry on the national and international scenes;
- To be an effective and proactive advocate for Canadian aquaculture interests in relation to national public policy;
- To lead the development of a national aquaculture strategy, and to foster cooperation among aquaculture interests;
- To facilitate a public environment in which the Canadian aquaculture industry can achieve its full potential;
- To provide real and measurable benefits to members.