We’re pleased to be working with The Conference Board of Canada and the Centre for Food in Canada (CFIC), on the 3rd Canadian Food Summit 2014: From Strategy to Action, taking place March 18-19, 2014 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. As a member of the Canadian Aquaculture Industry Alliance, you are able to attend the Summit at the reduced rate of $695 – use Rebate Code PRM15 when registering to receive this special rate.
This major, international event will be the launch of the Canadian Food Strategy – a comprehensive, action-oriented framework that outlines a shared vision for the future of food in Canada and meets our country’s need for a long-term strategy. The emphasis of the Summit will be on leveraging opportunities and finding workable solutions – ways to make the most of our resources and talent to achieve the great economic potential of the food sector and meet the full range of Canadians’ food needs.
The Summit will feature international best practices in food strategy implementation from Scotland, Australia, the UK and other leading countries who are implementing their own national strategies. Delegate engagement sessions will allow stakeholders to discover how they can collaborate on implementing the Canadian Food Strategy and help define a future Conference Board report that will measure and track the food sector’s annual progress on achieving the goals and desired outcomes outlined in the Strategy.
The Summit will focus on five key themes:
- Industry Prosperity – increasing the output and profitability of Canada’s food industry to contribute to national economic growth and our global competitiveness.
- Healthy Food – improving the health of food products and the diets of Canadian’s as obesity and chronic diseases become an increasing concern.
- Food Safety – ensuring that food safety is maintained throughout the supply chain as globalization grow.
- Household Food Security – improving food security to ensure that all Canadians have access to safe, affordable and nutritious food.
- Environmental Sustainability – sustaining the environment while increasing agricultural output as countries seek to feed their rapidly growing populations.
Summit attendees will include producers; regulators; processors; retailers; governments; associations; academics; unions; advocates; independent experts; and non-profit organizations.
As the agenda is finalized and speakers are announced, more information will be provided. For up to the minute information, follow #CBoCFood on Twitter.
Register online today! Don’t forget to use Rebate Code PRM15 to receive the reduced rate of $695!
For more information or help with your registration, please contact Emily Hayward at the Conference Board, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-526-3090 x 393.